Today I love ...

When I first saw Tableau after 7 years of using SAP BO, then I really was overexcited of how wonderful Tableau is. Now when having more real life experience and passed Tableau exam, I have to say that Tableau has its own areas, which are not so wonderful. Tableau is not for heavy tables, yes you can manage, but this is not as easy

But today I love Tableau. Why?

Embedded Dashboards

As I am not a programmer I am an analyst and I love to accomplish quickly, then I love the fact, that when I want to put my Dashboard on website using Javascript API, then I can do it and I can do it by 2-3 hours. And I did it for the first time!  I wonder what you could do in days weeks?

Link (just simple example)

An the other thing - performance. Yes creating reports, analysis, dashboards you know that some day You will be asking yourself, why is it slow? Why it couldn't be quicker?

Report performance

In Tableau I have built in performance recording :) Yee. And the result is Tableau workbook, so I don't have to learn some new tool, but use already skills I have. I see exactly what step takes how long...Love this.... And I can takes steps to improve my report performance



Today I love Tableau